Add me to your Facebook

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Are YOU out of shape? YOU have a HUGE advantage here…

This is no joke and no exaggeration. Don’t underestimate the HUGE advantage the physically “unfit” and “utterly out of shape” people have as we often do and quit over. Quitting over that is like quitting over a facade, or a word, or a concept that isn’t even real. IF your level of fitness is low then you have a factual and much overlooked advantage IF you start and see through a great fitness program.

The lower your initial level of fitness is the greater capacity or rate of improvements you can experience. For example, I am a VERY fit individual. I will never again be able to “transform” myself physically in a short period of time unless I just let myself go and start all over again. But then again I’d be the dumbest person on earth if I did that. I could do another round of P90X or even another program just as challenging as P90X, I could bring all of my focus and intensity to the program like I always do, I could consistently “Bring it” to every work out and I will still not see anything drastically different in 90 days. I would certainly get stronger than I already am, even healthier, all around BETTER than I was before I started but these improvements will NEVER be great enough to be considered a physical transformation like my first 90 days of P90X was.

What I’m trying to get across to those of you just starting out, or contemplating starting a great fitness program is to not be discouraged by your appearance or your low level of fitness. Instead, see yourself for the potential that you really have and the opportunity that really exists. YOU have an unprecedented potential and opportunity here to see drastic changes in your body in a relatively shorter period of time than the more physically fit among us.

If you are involved in or just about to involve yourself in a GREAT fitness program then TRUST the program and see it through faithfully. True, genetics is very individualized and plays a role here BUT the physiological adaptive responses to exercise that take place in the body which produces results are the SAME for all of us, period. That one FACT alone completely obliterates any “I’m too out of shape to begin working out” excuse one may have. In other words, if I can get into stellar shape then so can you and it doesn’t matter if you’re starting out fat or skinny or easily winded or weak.

If you already have a great program then get to work! If not, get in touch with me so that I can help you.

Tom - Join my Team! Click HERE: Team Beachbody

P.S. Don't forget to take before and after pictures! These will give you something visually measurable to feel good about. It will also serve to fuel your motivation which you will need to keep going. By the way, your BEFORE pictures are extremely time sensitive. Once your body begins changing you will not be able to go back in time to take those critical pictures. Get out the camera and tape measure and begin photographing and measuring! Then do it again in a few months and feel good in what you have accomplished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment