Add me to your Facebook

Friday, June 19, 2009

Entrepreneurs and others: Buy from and support other Entrepreneurs!

You are going to buy food this week anyway, right? Buy your food from an entrepreneur. Do you have a local family owned or community owned fresh market? Perfect! Those are typically cheaper in dollars and BETTER for you anyway, but it also supports people in an economy rather than supporting the business hawking fat pigs who get away with cheating on their income and business taxes at the expense of US and our already battered economy.

Food is just one example that can cross over into just about anything you are going to purchase. I would personally like to see everyone purchasing more from the entrepreneurs, the family owned / community owned businesses, and the self employed business owners. But, it is especially important for us entrepreneurs to purchase from other entrepreneurs. All of us want to obtain more personal freedom through our opportunities and all of us have something the other person wants or needs. So, why not support each other?

Some examples...

If I need a logo design or some other visual graphic I’m going to purchase the service and talents of my friend Kristine who does that type of stuff. She is talented, trusted, I know my money would be well spent. If I need work done on my car I’m going to hire my friend John because he is trusted and knows a lot about cars. If I would like a piece of clothing altered or something handmade I may purchase the service and talent of my friend Morgan who does that on the side. If I need to buy fresh produce I’m going to the local family/community owned fresh markets in my area etc… I am also going to give them a little free positive publicity from time to time just in case any one of you is in the market for a good mechanic, graphic designer, or handmade artist. Like wise, I have seen my links to my Beachbody store posted by others in various places with some really nice genuine words attached to it.

All of these people and businesses collect one hundred percent of the profits, they pay taxes on their gross profits so that they can be capitalists in a democracy, the economy benefits from it and we all benefit from that as a nation. If any of these trusted people want an exercise program they may be more inclined to buy one from me or from my sponsoring coach because they work and we are living it which is a very important point to be made. Shop around and make sure you get what you want, the quality you are looking for, and for the price you deem reasonable. Supporting entrepreneurs doesn’t mean you have to buy any ole mediocre product or service from anyone. In a democracy and in capitalism it’s the innovators and the visionaries that thrive precisely because the strong survive and the weak go out of business which is all fueled by the demand we create to get something at least reasonable in exchange for our money.

What I am proposing is a win – win for all who get involved in purchasing goods and services that are going to be purchased anyway, but from an entrepreneur or family owned /community owned business rather than from a corporate giant skirting tax laws and hurting an already battered economy. It reminds me of the old adage, “Capital belongs in the hands of the people not the state” I like to amend that our capital doesn’t belong to the state OR corporate fat pigs skirting tax laws further damaging an already battered economy. It is so simple! Buy from tax skirting off shoring entities and you contribute to a foreign economy while damaging your own already struggling economy. Buy from domestic entrepreneurs and businesses whos manufacturing is done within the borders of the United States and watch your own economy thrive while supporting your fellow people.

Lets support each other whenever we can. Be a good steward of the land, of mother earth, of the economy so that it may thrive again to our benefit, and support your fellow people.

Tom – EntrepreneurIndependent Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment