Add me to your Facebook

Monday, January 31, 2011

When YOU finally "Get It" and you get out of your own way to design the life of your dreams!!

This is seriously so beautifully put I'm just going to copy and paste it...

"It has taken me until this age (42) to realize that I don't have to live my life according to someone else's prescribed manners. I don't HAVE to work for someone else. I don't HAVE to live by the system. This is HUGE for me. I feel like I'm at the beginning of something so spectacular. Like this lump of clay has been placed in my hands and that clay is my life and my future and I can shape it into anything I want. Anything! I'm literally sitting here crying because the game plan is changing for me. I felt guilty for calling in to work today because the roads were slick. I shouldn't have to feel that way. I don't want my life to be beholden to someone else's rules. I want to call the shots and be confident and happy in doing so. Right now I want to just go walk out in the snow with my dogs and let the snow fall on my face and feel the incredible-ness of being alive and wonderful doors open in front of me.

I know I sound silly, but it was inside of me and I needed to get that out. There are very few people in my life that I feel I can share something like that with. This life is so short, Tom, and I feel like I've wasted SO MUCH of it by my own poor decisions and bad mistakes and following everyone else's rules. But my life isn't over and I want the rest of it to be spent working hard for me and my son and to experience everything my heart can dream up. NOTHING is out of reach for the heart that wants it bad enough.

And I want so much for other people to experience this. You must experience this so often - seeing people's lives change having worked with BB so as long as you have. I want to do that for others.

You know, I've always wondered what I'd want to be when i grow up. I've never really picked a career. But maybe it's because I was meant to be brought to where I am today. I know I love to travel. But every time I start to plan a trip in my head I get those niggling little doubts....can you afford it? can you take the time off from work? Who is going to watch the dogs? Who is going to watch your son? Dad is going to think you're being irresponsible spending way too much time and money doing pleasurable things instead of working your fingers to the bone. Well, why can't I have all of it? Why can't I work hard doing something healthy for me and others which also will allow me to travel when I want, not have to worry about whether my employer will let me have time off, or whether I have enough money? Why can't I take my son with me on my grand adventures and have him experience the world? And there are certainly kennels that will watch my dogs for a week. And if my bills are being paid and I'm happy, then why should my dad be disappointed in me? I never even realized until recently how much I live my life in ways that would not disappoint my dad. Well, you know what?? As long as I'm not doing anything illegal, immoral, or fattening, then he can honk off! :)

Sorry for the diatribe. But, God, it feels good to get these feelings out!"

- anonymous. One of my friends and fellow Team Beachbody Coaches :)

This comes from a dear sweet friend of mind who had a moment of enlightenment and expressed it to me :-) She gave me permission to share. I asked to share because I know 99% of YOU can relate and NEED to have a moment like this so you finally get out of your own way and begin designing the life of your own dreams instead of only someone elses.

No comments:

Post a Comment