Add me to your Facebook

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Typical Day in the life of Feeling Good

I regularly get nutrition and exercise questions simply because I put my extraordinary results out there in the public eye. It naturally invokes inspiration, curiosity, and lots of questions which I am grateful for!

The big questions I can help you solve so easily are, “How should I intertwine my nutrition with exercise to maximize fat loss and get healthy? How much food is too much? Should I exercise first thing in the morning before breakfast or after breakfast? I read such and such literature about loosing weight is this true?”

All of these questions can be answered in very brief and ridiculously very simple terms.

First I want to speak to you if you have not reached the physical and mental shape you want to be in yet in regards to the, “I read such and such literature about loosing weight is this true?”. Instead of experimenting and tinkering around with different things you read from various sources commit to something that works and has already been time proven to work. Once you get in the shape you want to be in; you’ve reached that blissful life long maintenance phase then the focus becomes curiosity along with more variety in what you’re doing in your new life style. When I first started out I literally completely transformed my mind and body in 90 days using P90X by Team Beachbody. I just did the program to a T, faithfully, nothing more or less than P90X and it worked. Since then I’ve done all kinds of things I was curious about and continue to do so. Life is wonderful!

Now onto intertwining nutrition with exercise; how much to eat; should I exercise before or after breakfast etc in very simple terms…

Generally a person can do light exercise in the morning on an empty stomach and burn more calories from fat than exercising after breakfast because of the low blood sugars from eight hours of fasting during sleep. If you exercise before breakfast drink a glass of water first, don’t exercise for too long and don't make it too intense or you risk muscle atrophy which would be very bad for your metabolism and strength gains. I actually make it habit to do about 5 to 10 minutes of yoga right out of bed after a glass of water and I feel great after that. Then it's off to enjoy a glass of Shakeology. About two hours after shakeology is when I typically do my regular workout. That seems to work beautifully for me and I feel wonderful every day for it. At 2 or 3 hours after eating; blood sugar levels are ideal to signal the body to burn fat to fuel a workout. I personally like to eat about an hour or two before a weight lifting workout. I need at least two hours before doing high intensity cardio. Yoga I can do just a few minutes after eating.

Keep in mind you must eat enough food before doing an intense workout but don't over eat either. How much to eat is just something you've got to monitor yourself and make corrections according to the feedback you get from your body. This monitor/correction/monitor/correction back and forth rhythm is something that will always be on going but it gets easier as you get use to it and learn more about your body simply from daily practice.

A good rule of thumb for how much to eat is to eat till you are about 80% full. If you practice this one thing, eating till you’re about 80% full, every day for the rest of your life your organs will operate dramatically more optimally as you age. Your over all feeling of wellness and health will be promoted for it as you get older. On the other hand (there is no middle road here) if you eat till you are 100% full every day then you’re body will wear and tear more quickly; your over all feeling of health and wellness will expose your daily error in judgment. It’s better to be promoted for daily good decision making than to be exposed for an error in judgment made every day!

All of us will reap the benefits or disasters of our daily decisions as we age so make it a wonderful life!

Tom
Passion Fitness

Please note: The information given in this article are generally acceptable nutritional guidelines for the healthy adult population and should be interpreted as such. I have no way of knowing if you personally live with a metabolic disorder that may be aggravated by the information I have given in this article. The information given in this article is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or replace the advice of a health-care professional. Always consult with your physician and or dietitian before you begin any exercise program and or diet plan. Any and all information you wish to follow from this article you do so at your own discretion and assumption of all inherent risk involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment