Add me to your Facebook

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SCREW IT! LET'S DO IT!!

Screw it Lets Do it represents how I feel now a days whenever there is something out there that I know I want that will improve my life. When you see something that you want what's your philosophy typically? A couple years ago mine would be, "I'll think about it".

We aren't made to wait around thinking about things we know we want.
"I'll wait around and think about it" is the result of a nasty conditioning process that begins at childhood. God knows I've done it plenty of times in the past and it's costed me dearly in terms of time, money, and even self esteem at times. Now a days if there is something I want and I see a stumbling block my attitude is screw it lets do it! Consequently life is much more fulfilling now!

If there is something you know in your gut that you want and that it will improve the quality of your life but for whatever reason you still think that you need to wait around and 'think about it' make no mistake you are going to take a self esteem hit. It's demoralizing to Rob Yourself! When you literally stop yourself from taking advantage of an opportunity that can improve yourself you are robbing yourself and you know it! Never mind for a moment the thief on the street who is after your wallet. The thief in your mind who is after your promise is a far greater threat but you've got to be aware of both! At least the thief on the street is only after your wallet. The thief in your mind is after something more valuable than any wallet! Don't be a victim of yourself there are plenty of other people in the world willing to victimize you of one thing or another.

My life is sooooooo much more fulfilling now a days because of my new philosophies. Waiting sucks. Unless there is a valid logistical reason for it, not one you've creatively fabricated in your mind to justify waiting around, waiting flat stinks and others around you will pick up on that. It very much coincides with social norms of successful people associating themselves with other successful people and not so successful people associating themselves with other not so successful people.

If there is something you guys and gals want just flippin go get it already!  Screw it let's do it baby!!

Tom
P.S. there are no walls except the walls in your mind.  Everything that is between you and where you want to be is a hurdle and all hurdles can be cleared one way or another with enough hard work.

P.S.S. A nice amendment to my own success story is Because I did NOT wait around to get started I have retired from day job life and bought a new home in CASH, NO MORTGAGE, at age 32!! I don't say it to impress you, but to impress upon you if you're stuck waiting, thinking about it in "analytical paralysis" then you're stinking and it's time to take a bath more regularly than every great once and a while.

1 comment:

  1. Well hello there Myspace friend... I'm following you;D Feel free to follow backsies... I'm not on myspace much anymore.

    I think Bill Hicks said waiting is like dying a slow and painful death, might have been Leary oh fuck if I know but its true... I changed everything about myself and my life after my Dad died suddenly. Theres no point to not just going for it cuz life is to damn short to wait for something to happen, you got to make it happen for yourself.
    Love the blog and the eye candy is nice too...lol

    ReplyDelete